Monday, June 16, 2008

Woefully Negligent

The only words to describe my blogging of late. I have been spotty in my posting...both in volume and content. This post will hardly be an improvement.

I could not have adequately predicted the additional work becoming partner has brought my way. I have been appointed as the partner in charge of M.I.S. or I.T. or whatever the title du jour is. Yes, me...technically challenged me, who doesn't even know what the title du jour is. When nominated, my fellow partners agreed that I know more about "that stuff" than any of the rest of them. Let me tell you, this is not a ringing endorsement. What this is, is sad and terrifying.

In addition, I have been elected to a board of directors for a local charity, and CO and I have joined a car club.

I have also been busy working on a reception for Orin, and new D-I-L, which took place this past weekend. They, predictably, were not present to help with anything. Thank God I had family visiting from Iowa and Las Vegas to take up the slack. Of course having them here contributed to my blogging delinquency, however. But they are gone now, and I am missing them terribly, if not the mess my house became with three extra bodies, and one extra dog living in it.

The baby shower is still pending, but I am only secondary support...elected to party favors, and not the entire party planning responsibility. Why do I fear this reprieve will not hold?

So now all the hub-bub is past (theoretically), I will try to do better, but I can't promise anything. I fear making partner means my blogging days are coming to a close. I sincerely hope not. I would miss this...despite the woe and negligence.

2 comments:

nightfly said...

We'd miss you too! But how could any of us complain about your being there for your family? Rock on, Maggie.

Kate P said...

Wow, you've been very busy! (And congrats, I think? Our I.T. people report to the CFO, so it makes perfect sense to me!!!)