Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Independence Day

...to all of us! Thanks to this great country we live in, we can write these blogs at will, saying any manner of things.

A special thanks to all those who have laid their lives on the line from that first July 4th to today, to make sure we get to keep that independence.

Enjoy the long weekend of fireworks and BBQ and celebration.

Yay, America!

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free
and I won't forget the men who died to give that right to me
I'd proudly stand up next to you and defend her still today
because there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A."

Lee Greenwood

4 comments:

nightfly said...

From the shot heard 'round the world
To the end of the Revolution
The Continental Rabble took the day
And the Father of our Country
beat the British there at Yorktown
And brought freedom to you and me and the USA
God Bless America
Let freedom ring!


- Bob Dorough, "The Shot Heard Round the World"

Cullen said...

Amen. Have a great weekend all.

America, America, God shed His grace on thee. And crown they good with brotherhood, from sea to shining sea!

Cullen said...

Thy, dammit!

Anonymous said...

My native country, thee,
land of the noble free, thy name I love;
I love thy rocks and rills,
thy woods and templed hills;
my heart with rapture thrills, like that above.



A happy Independence Day to all.