Tuesday, December 4, 2007

iTunes Tuesday - Who's that Girl?

Back on track. Don't expect it to last. Here are today's plays. I am going with another theme this week...girl's names in songs. This theme can last for weeks I'm sure.

So, uhm, who's that girl?

1) You knew her when she had no one to talk to. Now she's moving in high society, you say, "don't forget, I know secrets about you." Who's that girl that left you hanging on the line? No one got this one...the answer is Baby Jane

2) You went to a dance. looking for romance. Who's the girl you saw that you thought you'd take a chance on? Barbara Ann (Joel)

3) You want her to ask her ma-ama if she can come out with her red dress on. Who is that girl that looks so fine? Sherry (Nightfly)

4) You aren't like the others before, even though you saw her name and number on the wall. Who's that girl who that makes you so happy? Bonus question: What is her number? Jenny...Bonus question: 867-5309 (Joel)

5) Good times never seemed so good. Who is that sweet girl? Caroline (Joel)

6) She rings like a bell through the night. Wouldn't you love to love who? Rhiannon (Nightfly)

7) She's got baby hair with a woman's eyes. Who can you feel watching in the night? Sara (Nightfly...who was quite right. This is NOT the same girl with storms brewing in her eyes, NOR is this the same girl who was the poet in my heart)

8) You should have known it from the very start. This girl will leave you with a broken heart. Who should you keep away from? Runaround Sue (Joel)

9) She's says that she''ll be true. Who will never leave you blue? Suzie Q (Ken)

10) You met her in a bar in Toledo, across from the depot. Who was that beauty? Lucille (Joel...and my lovely friend Alice, who was too shy to comment, but instant messaged me instead. Since when are YOU TOO SHY?)

Ken also claimed to know several of these, but as he was kind enough to leave them for others to guess, we have no proof. With his impressive muscial knowledge, I'm buying what he's selling!

Feel free to post some of your own! There must be TONS!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Much tougher this week. I only got 2, 5, and 8 right off. Got 6 after a bit of rumination. So that's four so far.

I think I should also know 3 and 9 but I can't come up with them yet.

It also appears that blogger has changed a wee bit and I can only post as anonymous.

Ken

Joel said...

I can only get a few of these, and I suspect they're the obvious ones.

2) Barbara Ann.

4) Her name is Jenny, and her number is 867-5309.

5) Caroline. (Which, it just came out, was written about Caroline Kennedy.)

8) Runaround Sue

10) Lucille

nightfly said...

Since Joel got a bunch I was gonna get, I don't feel guilty knocking out a couple others:

#3 - Sherry (Sherry baby!)
#6 - Rhiannon
#7 - Sara (NOTE - this is not the same girl with storms brewing in her eyes.)

Maggie May said...

Good job guys!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I didn't know I had to post my answers!!!

You of all people know that I am not shy :)

Anonymous said...

Ah! Finally clicked on #9, it's Suzie Q.

And yes, I just noticed the "nickname" box

Anonymous said...

And thank you for the kind comment. I did indeed know those four, and am kicking myself for not getting any of the others (except #1, still have absolutely no idea).

nightfly said...

Hahahaha! Especially after #6, how could I not know about the poet in my heart? That's brilliant.