Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Musical Mixology

Welcome to another iTunes for Tuesday. In the spirit of the many holiday parties on tap for this week, my theme is...Musical Mixology. Name that cocktail!

1) If your "heater's broke" and your "so tired", and you "need some fuel to build a fire", what time is it again?

2) If you're "beggin' on my knees, baby won't you please run your fingers though my hair," what two drinks make you feel so fine? Whiskey and rye (Lori got it!)

3) If you "took off for a weekend last month just to try and recall the whole year," who did you run into, and what did you wind up drinkin' all night? You ran into a chum with a bottle of rum(Ken got this!)

4) If it's a "family tradition" to be "singin' all night long," what two things you love tried to kill you in 1973? Ladies and Jim Beam (Cullen got this!)

5) If you've got "friends in low places", what two drinks chase the blues away? Bonus question: what drink did you take from the guy with the fear in his eye? The whiskey drowns and the beer chases the blues away. The bonus question - the drink you took, was a glass of champaigne (Cullen got the main part of the question. I'm sure he knew the bonus question too, but he forgot to share.)

6) If you're "just a hired hand workin' on the dreams" you "planned to try," what "shot of courage" are you taking. Tequila Sunrise (Lori again!)

7) What drink makes you "feel so fine", and keeps you "rockin' all of the time"? Red Red Wine (Cullen again)

8) What do you drink during "those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer?" Soda and pretzels & BEER (Ken again)

9) If "the other night" you "laid sleeping" and then "woke from a terrible dream" what two "pals" did you catch up with? Jack Daniels and his partner Jimmy Beam (Ken)

10) If you "took all of his money" and you "brought it home to Molly," what is in the jar? There's whisky in the jar-o (Cullen)

Bonus Question: The ultimate drinking song: "Gonna get drunk don't you have no fear" what three drinks do I want? I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer (Ken)

Feel free to enjoy one of these beverages...or add your own question!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn. These are getting tougher.

3) Ran into a chum with a bottle of rum

4) I should know this one but all I remember is "if I get stoned and sing all night long it's a family tradition"

5) Yeah I know of this song too, but I don't remember the particulars.

8) soda and beer (while eating pretzels)

9) I called up my pal Jack Daniel and his partner Jimmy Beam

Anonymous said...

Wow. Almost didn't see the bonus question. I want one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer.

Cullen said...

4)I have loved some ladies, and I have loved Jim Beam. And they both tried to kill me in 1973.

5)Well... technically the whiskey runs and the beer chases

7)Red red wine

10) Whiskey in the jar-o

The clock on the wall said three o'clock. Last call ... for alcohol.

Anonymous said...

I knew that I knew some of these. It just took me a while!

#2 my oh my it's whiskey and rye
#6 Tequila Sunrise

Anonymous said...

Dammit! I should have gotten #6!