Tuesday, November 20, 2007

iTunes Tuesday

I have not done this in awhile! I need to get back on it! Identify the next line of the song, the song title or the artist, or all three if you are feeling it! Here is the random play...Go!

1) We're callin' everyone to ride along to another shore. We can laugh our lives away... and be free once more - Ride Captain Ride, Blues Image (Ken & Nightfly)

2) Through eighty-six years of perpetual motion, if he likes you he'll smile, and he'll say, "Jimmy, some of it's magic, some of it's tragic..." but I had a good life all the way - He Went to Paris, Jimmy Buffett (No one got this!)

3) He grinned as he raised his little head. popped a shoeshine rag and then he said... Get Rhythm (that is the next line and the song title), Johnny Cash (Nightfly)

4) I'll read to you here save your eyes. You'll need them your boat is at sea. Your anchor is up you've been swept away and the greatest of teachers won't hesitate to leave you there by yourself... chained to fate - I Alone, Live (No one got this either!)

5) Well I'm on my way. I don't know where I'm going. I'm on my way. I'm taking my time but I don't know where. Goodbye to Rosie the queen of Corona... see me & Juilo down by the school yard (also the next line and the title), Paul Simon (Ken)

Have fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) ...and be free once more (from "Ride, Captain, Ride", but I can't remember the name of the group)

5) ...seen me and Julio down by the schoolyard (from "Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard", Paul Simon)

Anonymous said...

I am stumped. I will now have to cheat and look them up so I can satisfy my curiosity.

OH, and Happy Turkey day to you. What?!! You don't eat turkey? :)

nightfly said...

#1, the name of group is Blues Image. (Bonus obscure fact: Steely Dan's Donald Fagan once called "Ride Captain Ride" his personal favorite Steely Dan song.)

#3 - don't know the next line, but that's "Get Rhythm" by Johnny Cash.

These are tricky.