Saturday, June 27, 2009

Holy...Crap

CO and I were at a car show today, which was held at a large church. One of our car club friends is a member of the congregation, and the show was a fundraiser for the church, so we took our car out. They had all kinds of great things for kids to do, so Melvin brought the Puddin' Pop out too.

At one point in the day, she needed to use the bathroom, which was located inside the church proper. They had the doors open so you could see out into the area services are held, the altar, etc. The Puddin' Pop looked through the doors and saw all of this and asked what all that was.

MM: "This is a church."

PP: "A church! Does Jesus live here?"

Now there are several older "church ladies" milling about, taking an interest in Puddin' Pop's question. I smile...probably a little more smuggly than I should have, impressed with this 3-year-old and her knowledge of Jesus (especially considering my seemingly constant state of challenge with faith. I look at my granddaughter very seriously and say, "Yes, Pop. Jesus does live here."

And Pop replies very, very loudly, "Oh My God!"

Buh bye fleeting moment of pious achievement. Buh bye.

2 comments:

Kate P said...

Well. . . what better place to say it than there? :)

nightfly said...

"My God..."

"Yes, that's just what the Hebrews thought."

=)