Tuesday, June 2, 2009

iTunes Tuesday - Eight Days a Week

I have not done iTunes Tuesday for a long time, but yesterday's short post, and a friend's comment to me about "Tuesday" songs inspired me. So here we go. Answer the questions, and give me the artist who posed them.

1) I'm in love. What day is it? On which days can you break my heart? Fall apart? Answer: Friday (and on Monday you can fall apart...Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart) - The Cure (Good job Cullen!)

2) If first you love me, then you say it's wrong, and I can't go on believing for long, on what morning do you sure look fine? Answer: Monday - Fleetwood Mac (Good job, 'Fly)

3) If a man is selling ice cream, singing Italian songs, what day is it, and where are you? Answer: Saturday in the Park - Chicago (Good job my anonymous friend, B and Nightfly)

4) If the trees are drawing you near, and you have to find out why, and the gentle voices you hear explain it all with a sigh, what afternoon is it? Answer: Tuesday - Moody Blues (Another correct answer by the 'Fly)

5) Which night is alright for fighting? Answer: Saturday - Elton John (Cullen and 'Fly got this right!)

6) What day can't you trust (this one's a gimme)? Answer: Monday - Mamas and the Papas (The Anonymous Missy B. was correct)

7) If bodies are strewn across the dead end street, what day is it? Answer: Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2 (Nightfly is groaning right now)

8) Don't question why she needs to be so free. She'll tell you it's the only way to be. What's her name? Answer: Ruby Tuesday - Rolling Stones (Nice one, 'Fly!)

9) If you've spent four lonely days in a brown L.A. haze, come what day will it be alright? Answer: Monday - Originally Jimmy Buffett, but a country guy remade it more recently...maybe Kenny Chesney? I can't recall. (Good job B)

10) I yi yi yi just can't wait. I yi yi yi got a date. What night is it? Answer: Saturday - The Bay City Rollers (Excellent job, 'Fly. I didn't think anyone would get that).

Bonus: A song with multiple days, which day is which:
a) The day I feel better just for spite Wednesday
b) the day that was never good anyway Monday
c) The two days that take too long Thursday, Friday
d) the day that everything's alright Sunday
e) the day you I a little sideways Tuesday
f) the day that's gone before I know it Saturday

Lori Morgan was the artist (Nicely done, B.)



Okay...go!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok - my first comment ever and I only know a couple--
#3 - Saturday and your in the park
#6 - Monday
#9 - Monday
and the bonus question:
a-Wednesday
b- Monday
c- Thursday and Friday
d- Tuesday
e- Saturday

Anonymous said...

ok- I skipped letter d on the bonus question -
d- Sunday
which means the rest move down one:
e-Tuesday
f- Saturday
sorry.... but now I got it.

Cullen said...

1) Friday
5) Saturday

Man, I suck at this.

nightfly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nightfly said...

#2 - Monday Morning... by Fleetwood Mac (and by Friday, I got travelin' on my mind)

#3 - I think it was the Fourth of July... and it's Chicago. The band, not the location.

#4 - Tuesday Afternoon... by the Moody Blues

#5 - Saturday night's all right... by Elton John. (Oh, I see Cullen nabbed it first.)

#7 - drat, I should know. I'm sad now.

#8 - Ruby Tuesday (but who could hang a name on her?) by the Rolling Stones.

#10 - S! A! T-U-R! D-A-Y! Night! The Bay City Rollers.