Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What Money Can Buy

This is supposedly a Chinese Proverb. I received it from my boss, but I did no research on it. Quite frankly I don't have the time. But I liked the sentiment, so even if it is NOT what it claims, the words are no less true.
With money you can buy a house, but not a home.
With money you can buy a clock, but not time.
With money you can buy a bed, but not sleep.
With money you can buy a book, but not knowledge.
With money you can see a doctor, but not good health.
With money you can buy a position, but not respect.
With money you can buy blood, but not life.
With money you can buy sex, but not love.
With money you can buy charms, but not luck.

Some people seem to think they are superior to others. Some think they have more money, more talent, more intelligence, more control. But in the end, no one has control; money doesn't buy the things you really need, and talent and intelligence don't matter, if you don't use them correctly. It's a hard lesson...a sad lesson.

I know some people who are going through some nasty shit right now. Some of these people I like very much, and some I don't like at all, but I still feel bad for all of their nasty shit. Somehow, when I read these words, and I think about said nasty shit, there is a connection.

For what it's worth, regardless of my personal feelings about these individuals, I hope they find what they need, be it answers, happiness, health or peace.

No comments: