Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Joel Is The BEST!!

Let me say it again...Joel is teh awesome!

Why, you ask? Well, I'll tell you.

On last Friday's Fuck Off Thread (FFOT), I proclaimed a hearty fuck off to the guy who was harassing my parents...a collection agent masquerading as an attorney. Many of you rallied to my support, threatening A Team tactics and all sorts of misery on this scum-sucking bastard. I can't tell you how much that support meant to me from all of you.

Then Joel took it one step further. He used his skills and knowledge to sniff out all kinds of useful information on this guy, this law firm, and various legal ramifications my parents can pursue.

Just last week, I was considering ending this blog. All of the political blogging wore me down, and I just wasn't feeling it. I forgot for a moment why this hobby is so valuable. It is the connections with other people that make this worthwhile.

Believe me...I'm feeling it now. I remember now.

So in case I don't tell you all enough, thank you! I am glad you are all here...a part of my life in a strange but important way. Even when we don't agree, I still learn valuable things from you, and frankly, I would miss you if you were gone. All of you.

Thanks again...especially you, Joel.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's awesome. I hope the lawyerguy has to eat a big slice of humble pie. Maybe even humble pie with worms.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! I knew what that guy was doing could not be legal. Good luck!

Cullen said...

So awesome. So, so awesome.

The Fifth String said...

WAHOO! Joel ROCKS!

The Fifth String said...

Oh, and a Manual Trackback™.

Kick now some serious booty, Maggie!

Kate P said...

That is fantastic. Way to go, Joel, and MM, I hope everything turns out O.K.

Joel said...

Aw, shucks... twarn't nothin', ma'am.

(But I'll beam and blush simultaneously anyway.) :)

Anonymous said...

How munching humble pie with worms and melted cheese?

Way ta go, Joe!

Anonymous said...

Thanks a bunch Joel Maggie's parents appreciate all your help.

nightfly said...

Ya-hoo! One for the good guys! Just when you thought that telling the world to sod off was counterproductive... hey, someone actually DOES make the bad guys sod off.

Joel is the first official hero of the FFOT.

Anonymous said...

Thank you Joel.

I am late reading this but I just needed to put my two cents in.

This guy, harrassing your parents, is a JERK. I felt so bad for them.