Tuesday, December 18, 2007

As Discussed At Yesterday's Conference

I had to attend a conference yesterday to keep me apprised of all the changes in my profession from year to year. Anyway, this conversation quietly took place as the speaker droned on, and I had to share:

MM: "Speaker looks kind of crazy this year. Is his hair different?"

C: "I think so. He's got that Einstein thing going on the sides there."

MM: "What's with the comb over? Is that new?"

C: "For the sake of the conversation, let's say it is."

MM: "I think it is. I seriously don't remember it from last year. He must have a new girlfriend. That, or he is banging his assistant."

C: "He already mentioned his wife, and their plans to visit the grandkids at Christmas."

MM: "Well that doesn't rule out the assistant theory. His wife can't possibly like the comb over."

C: "No one does."

Our minds go a little crazy when left to their own devices for too long. But I do have to ask...what is the deal with the comb over? Seriously? What?

Do these men really think it looks good? Do they think we are fooled? Do they think we think they have a head full of hair, and not just one long strand wrapped around their head seven times? I just want to understand.

There is nothing wrong with bald, gentlemen. Seriously. There are some very hot men with shaved heads, so just embrace it. It is so much better...SO MUCH BETTER...than the comb over. I cannot stress this enough.

Stop with the comb over. Just. Stop.

No comments: