Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tis the Season

...to be behind as usual.

I am not done shopping. I've barely started wrapping. My oven has not been turned on once for the baking of a single cookie.

I long for those wonderful childhood days when the holidays were nothing but fun. The gifts were shopped, wrapped and paid for by someone else. The food was bought, cooked and set out by someone else. The house was decorated and cleaned by someone else. All you had to do was show up, eat, open and play. And, you had two weeks off to boot! You didn't need it, of course, but you had it. Ahhh...the good old days!

Well since I can't go back, I must go forward, which leaves me no time to blog. So until December 26th or so, Merry Christmas, Happy Yule, and Wondrous Holiday of Choice to you all! May you find a bit of those carefree childhood days in the season.

1 comment:

nightfly said...

My mother-in-law has fantastic cookie-shooter Christmas cookies. Second childhood with sprinkles, they are.

You have yourself a fine Christmas, Maggie!