Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Soundtrack of My Life - Track 8

Dream On - Aerosmith
Even though this song was written in 1973, and I heard it plenty of times before, I didn't really "discover" it until college, when a kick ass radio station came on the scene. I was at a great place in my life at that time...I was learning; I was in love; I had great friends, great fun, great freedom, and this song. Life was good.

Of course as life has been known to do, especially when you are young, things turned shitty quickly, and then got better, and worse, then better, and...well, you know the drill.

But for that moment in time, everything was magic.

To this day, that song reminds me of those carefree, young love, party days, and the warm California sun. Of being young and blissfully ignorant of the trials to come.

So sing with me...

Every time when I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Every body's got their dues in life to pay...

Half my life is books written pages
Live and learn from fools and from sages
You know it's true,
All these feelings come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the years

Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away

No comments: