Thursday, March 6, 2008

Idol Chit Chat...8 of Each

I always look forward to March...and then I remember. The only thing worse than February...is March. Needless to say, I haven't much time for Idol chit chat, but I will do a quick run down:

The boys: I thought David Cook was the best...and hey, no attitude this week. How come the performers always think the judges are full of shit when they criticize the performance, but brilliant when they praise it? It is one or the other, folks! I think Luke (the pretty pony) and Danny (the overt, uhm, you know) are going home. Everyone else was decent, but not fabulous, if I'm being honest (nod to Simon).

The girls: Were MUCH better this week! The best were, gulp, Amanda (who would have thought THAT would happen) and Carly, but I do love both of the songs they sang, so I may be falsely swayed. In fact, I think the girls made much better song choices in general. I also liked...oh, what's her name? The pale skinny blond with the gigantic blue eyes. She sang an acoustic version of Love is a Battlefield that kicked ass. Paula was totally wrong when she said she should have used the band more.

Which begs the question, does Paula ever say anything of value? Ever? She's like a Mab Lib:

"You have so much (Choose from Column A) in your voice. You have such a (Column B) personality. You are a (Column C). I (Column D) you."

Column A
texture
color
boldness
beauty
sweetness

Column B
sparkling
sweet
spicy
dynamic
colorful

Column C
star
shining star
bright star
beautiful star
brilliant star

Column D
love
really love
really really love
seriously love
really seriously love

Such valuable words of wisdom from the drunk in the front. Thank you.

Anyway...going home for the girls I think is Kady (two trailer park girls go 'round the outside) and Sayesha...which sucks for her, because the wasted so much time talking about themselves last night (I played with Journey, you know, Dawg...Oh my gosh, no! I did not know that! I must have been in a coma the last 5,629 times you mentioned it. And Paula choreographed the video for that song. Really? Who the fuck cares? How did I sing?) that when she got done, the only thing the judges had time to say was "good." Nice feedback. That should take her far.

7 comments:

Cullen said...

She's like a Mad Lib is brilliant. Just. Freaking. Brilliant.

And what the heck was up with Simon and Paula pawing each other like teens in heat last night? Rowr.

Maggie May said...

I noticed that, Cullen! They were ridiculous! I wonder if his fiance was watching?

And thanks for the link...and the props, Dawg. ;)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What Cullen said squared!

Anonymous said...

Completely off topic, but I thought you'd appreciate Sharon's "Orange Show" comment. I didn't know they had one of those in Houston, too.

Maggie May said...

Ken, I know! I saw that and thought, how is it I've lived here all this time and not seen THIS? Then I got to the part about Houston, and a big Ohhhh!

Anonymous said...

With Pauler, don't forget this mad-libby sentence of hers. "You are such a(n) [beautiful, adorable, wonderful] person, and oh, I love your [shoes, hat, hair, pants]!"

nightfly said...

Paula's like a Mad Lib... HAHAHAHAHA! Wish I'd seen this before I posted yesterday. I have to go update with your comment now.