Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Hoo Ha ha ha ha ha!

We are sitting in the hospital cafeteria the other night. Waiting. Then waiting some more. My son, Orin, looks up at a man passing by and says, "There is our doctor. Doctor Hoo Ha."

I stare, disbelieving and ask, "What is his name?"

"Doctor Hoo Ha."

"Doctor Hoo Ha?" I ask, and he nods his head. "Let me get this straight. Doctor Hoo Ha is your OBGyn?" Again he nods, and I burst out laughing.

The jokes just write themselves.

I could never have an OBGyn named Doctor Hoo Ha. I couldn't possibly stop laughing long enough to allow him to do his examination. I just couldn't.

Turns out, the good doctor's name is spelled Guhua, but is pronounced Hoo Ha. Even so, the man was clearly destined to be an OBGyn. It is just beautiful in it's symmetry. Just freakin' beautiful!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoo Ha ha ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

LMAO! That's even better than the doctor we used to have here named Dr. Bonebrake. You are right, it would be way to hard not to laugh.

Cullen said...

My Sis in Law refers to the Va Jay Jay as a Hoo Ha so she would not be able to handle that either. Her husband manages a Domino's and she worked there some as well. They had a commercial a while back that said "Can I get a Hoo Ha two for Tuesday?" Her coworkers knew about her Hoo Ha reference and would tease her mercilessly. She can't watch the commercial to this day without laughing.

nightfly said...

That is fantastic! You can't make up stuff like this...

Anonymous said...

His first name isn't Vijay, is it? Because that would be so bad it's awesome.