Thursday, December 25, 2008

Devistation

In the wee hours of Christmas morning, my cousin and frequent blog commenter, Lori, suffered a massive heart attack and passed away. She was only 42 years old.

I wish you all could have known her in real life. She was married to my cousin, but she was every bit part of our family. She was the life of every party, hilariously funny, intelligent, kind and completely beautiful inside and out. She was a wife, a mother, a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister and a friend. We all loved her so.

Her marriage to my cousin has been such a great example to follow. After 20 plus years of marriage, they were still totally in love. I have no words to express the sorrow feel for Bob right now, or for her daughter and son who are only 22 and 16 respectively.

The last comment she made on this blog was on this post. She said "having grandkids is going to rock." I don't need to tell you how cruel it is that she will never know this joy...more cruel even than the timing of her passing, Christmas Day.

My heart is simply breaking.

I know we are not meant to understand these things, but the idea that the Lord woks in mysterious ways is empty comfort right about now, just as my words are empty comfort to those who love her. I feel so helpless in the face of such pain and tragedy.

This blog will not be the same without her. Our family will not be the same without her. The world will not be the same without her.

Rest in peace, beloved Lori.

4 comments:

Cullen said...

I can't explain how much the tears are filling my eyes right now. I know I didn't know her, but I feel like I knew a good part of her from her comments here.

My condolences to your family.

Joel said...

I'm not going to give you any of that crap about "mysterious ways," because this is the sort of thing I intend to ask Him some pointed questions about someday. Meanwhile, I didn't know Lori either, but I'm sorry as all get out for your loss. May she find peace and rest and watch over the people who loved her.

The Fifth String said...

Aw Maggie, so sorry to hear! My heart goes out to you and your family.

Kate P said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin, Maggie. May she rest in peace and your family be comforted.