Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Idol Chit Chat 2009 - Phoenix Auditions

I am not going to break this down bit by bit, but I did have a few comments.

Word of the day: TREMENSELY. What, you ask? Rocker in a box coined this phrase. Let me use it in a sentence for you. "Getting on this show would change my life tremensely." Get it? Great. Now explain it to me.

------

As bikini girl enters stage left (or is it right? My left, her right...whatevs), and she immediately begins annoying me, and probably every other woman in the country that is not her mother. I am silently thinking, "Oh my GOD, I hate her!"

CO says, "She's not even pretty. I mean, her body...whatever, but she has no boobs at all, and look at her face! Her nose and mouth are so ugly. She is going to get voted off fast. She can't wear a bikini all the time."

Now I am silently thinking, "Oh my GOD, I love him!"

------

Bikini girl descends upon Ryan Seacrest, and you can feel his discomfort through the television. He is not my favorite person, but I did feel sorry for him. As CO pointed out, even on the outside chance that he is straight, you still wouldn't want some half-crazy, half-dressed, ugly-faced, wanna be, stranger kissing all over you on national television. I had to give him that one too.

------

Okay, I loved the voice of the girl who sang Barracuda, but I cannot stand looking at her earlobes all season. Her pink hair and multiple tattoos and pierced lip are admittedly not my thing, but I can tolerate them. But those freaky, nasty, scary, stretched out, third-world tribal earlobes cannot be. I don't care how well she sings. Gross.

------

And my favorite part of the whole night...did you see Ryan try to high five the blind guy? Dude. He cannot see you. He's blind. Duh!

4 comments:

Cullen said...

Ha! J-Mom pointed out the high-five thing as well.

Bikini girl ... so many things to say. First, she sings Parkinsonsly -- shaking her head back and forth for vibrato. Very annoying. Second, she just did not sing very well. Third, the smartest thing she ever did was wear a bikini to that audition.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I soooo thought of you and this blog when Rocker-in-a-box said "Tremensly". I had to rewind and hear it again. American Idol brings out all the stupid people!

Anonymous said...

"tremensely" = "tremendously" if you've never actually seen the word in print, and only ever heard it half-stoned. Or at least that's my interpretation.

remember, I read student papers for a living. I've dealt with such things as "boneified" (for bona fide) and "analize data" and suchlike.

Anonymous said...

MM -- Barracuda chick also seemed to have some kind of piercing sticking up through her lower lip. Like a tongue-piercing that missed the mark.
But what do I know of kids these days??