Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Idol Chit Chat 2009

Idol starts tonight.

I should not be so excited about this. It is a television show...and one that does not take much thought on my part (although the level of snark demanded of me can sometimes be exhausting).

Still, January is harbinger of dark and dismal times for me, and Idol is the only thing I have to look forward to for the next three months.

So really, I am trying to look on the bright side here. I am trying to be an optimist, dammit!

I'm growing.

What? I AM!

Oh, and I bought Twilight. If I am going to act like a 13 year-old girl, I might as well do it right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to LOVE American Idol but Biggest Loser has won my heart now. However, Idol is mixing it up a little bit this year. Adding another judge and no more William Hungs allowed.

Hmmmm....maybe I should give it one more chance. If only I had DVR. To quote Lori: "DVR WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!!!" :)

Maggie May said...

My friend Alice told me that before I got mine, too...and frankly, I thought she was full of shit.

SHE WASN'T. I LOVE me some DVR!

That Lori was such a sage.

Cullen said...

Idol snuck up on me. I didn't even realize it was coming on until I got home yesterday and checked the schedule. I was a pleasant surprise to see it on the menu, but I wasn't so enthused about the actual program.

Don't know if it's just growing old for me or if they've altered their format a bit too much, but I didn't find it as entertaining as I had in the past.

nightfly said...

Last season was really good, so I hope they can keep things up for this one.

Nobody need apologize for an innocent dose of obsession! If it's Twilight, cool; if it's Idol, great... it helps to keep us sane and give us a break from all the serious stuff in life.