Thursday, January 29, 2009

Of Idols and Vampires and Other Obsesssions

I finished the Twilight books.

I do have to admit that I pretty much get the obsession. Edward Cullen is fairly perfect.

But I don't care for Bella a good deal of the time, and Breaking Dawn went way off the rails. First, it was unrealistic. I know. I KNOW! The books are about vampires and other supernatural stuff, BUT I am perfectly capable of immersing myself in fantasy provided that the fantasy stays somewhat consistent. Breaking Dawn did NOT stay consistent. Secondly, I was told it would be a clear end to the series, and it was NOT...not at all! She could totally keep writing about these people.

And if she did...even after the irritation of Breaking Dawn, I would keep reading them. I am sick. I know. I may even have to buy a Twilight T-Shirt or something. Seriously SICK.

Speaking of sick...I am sick of the A.I. auditions already. Thank everything that is holy that tonight is the last night. Is it me, or is their new format for these things B.O.R.I.N.G.?

Hollywood week better step it up, or I will become a FORMER Idol addict.

I can quit any time you know.

What? I CAN!

2 comments:

nightfly said...

Hahahahaha, you'll get where I'm coming from... I quickly skimmed my wife's copies, and "finished" them (will have to read more closely next time), and now, every time I pass her Twilight calendar in the basement and see Bella, I mutter "Idiot."

Bella, you idiot!

Maybe a full reading will change my opinion?

Anonymous said...

Bella IS an idiot! I even have a post sitting in drafts called "Bella the idiot."

nf, I so love that you've joined the obsession, even though you were pretty sure you wouldn't. you're already talkinga bout reading more closely. Hahahaha!

maggie, I loved BD, but as soon as it was obvious that she was pregnant, I almost threw the book across the room. Frank was like, what? I said, "I know what's going to happen with Jacob." And I was right. That made me almost yarf a little, but by the end I was fine with it, because at least Bella was no longer being a fickle, whiny moron.