Friday, February 27, 2009

The Interns From Hell

We have five interns this year. FIVE. That is a lot for us, and I have to say, they are really disappointing me.

I mean, I figured with five interns, at least one of them would have done something monumentally stupid by now. We only had three last year, and by this time one had already quit, and another had fallen asleep at his desk. This year...nothing. Everyone is working. Everyone is learning. Everyone shows up on time and leaves on time and stays coherent for the 8 hours they are here. No one has said anything insulting, flippant, rude or idiotic.

Damn them!

They are severely impacting my blog material.

3 comments:

Kate P said...

Time to introduce an Anonymous Love Note from one intern to another. (Shame on me for suggesting that!)

Cullen said...

You have to develop games like sergeants do for new privates. Like sending them to the supply sergeant to get some chem light batteries or a box of grid squares. Or sending them to the S-3 to get the keys to a training area. Good times.

Anonymous said...

So we're not all going to Hell in a handbasket, thanks to the Millenial generation? Good to hear that there are at least five members (plus any Millennials who happen to read/comment here) who aren't all "mememememememe where's my Trophy for showing up oh by the way I'm going skiing next week so could you let me off work and advance me my salary..."