Monday, March 2, 2009

I Am...I Said

Update: Answers posted below

I have officially reached the "I" songs on my iPod project. So in the spirit of the "Don't" songs post, I bring you the list of things "I am" according to my iPod:
  • I'm a Believer (The Monkees...Nightfly and Ken got this)
  • I'm A Honky Tonk Girl (if there's gonna be beer, I'm in) (Loretta Lynn)
  • I'm a Long Way From Home (Shooter Jennings...although this may be a remake)
  • I'm a Woman (Peggy Lee..although there are multiple versions, so Ken's answer is right)
  • I'm Alive (Neil Diamond originally recorded this, but my version is David Cook's from last year's A.I.)
  • I'm Alright (Kenny Loggins...good job, 'Fly)
  • I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide (ZZ Top...again Nightfly got this one)
  • I'm Easy (Hey!) (Keith Carradine...nicely done, Ken)
  • I'm Gone (Bo Bice)
  • I'm Gonna Be Strong (Cyndi Lauper)
  • I'm on Fire (Bruce Springsteen, but it was also remade by Kenny Chesney...'Fly got it)
  • I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (Hank Williams...Ken got it)
  • I'm Sorry (John Denver)
  • I'm the Only One (Melissa Ethridge)
  • I'm Too Sexy (Well, duh!) (Right Said Fred...both 'Fly and Ken knew this one)
  • I'm Your Boogie Man (K.C. and the Sunshine Band...and both 'Fly and Ken knew this one too...and actually admitted it. Nice job, guys!)
I am also a rock and the walrus. On the other hand I am NOT Lisa, nor am I your stepping stone, so watch it!

Now let's see how smart you are. Without cheating, who sings these songs? How many can you name?

8 comments:

nightfly said...

Ooooh, ooooh! Music quiz!

1. the Monkees (or Smashmouth, who actually improved it)
6. Kenny Loggins (I still see that gopher dancing)
7. ZZ Top
8. The Commodores
11. Bruce Springsteen
12. I SHOULD know this. UGH.
15. Right Said Fred (Oh, but I know THIS.)
16. KC and the Sunshine Band

I'm the man! (Joe Jackson.)

Maggie May said...

Good job 'Fly.

The Fifth String said...

[Desperately avoids Nightfly's answers so as not to cheat]

1) Monkees
2) I have no idea, but I recently (about 6 months ago) finally learned who originally did "I'm a Honky Tonk Man"
4) Maria [projectile vomiting] Muldaur. I should NOT admit to knowing who did this atrocity.
6) I should know this but my brain's quitting on me
8) Keith Carradine (I think he's brother of David, but I won't swear to it)
9) Damn, I think I should know this one too but "I'm Down" just got stuck in my head.
10) Seems like I should know this one too. My brain is failing me tonight.
11) Kool and the Gang? Or Ohio Players, maybe?
12) The Real Hank Williams (not his useless kid) (and now that I look, I see that I got one NF didn't, huzzah!)
13) Brenda Lee (not sure, I can hear the song in my head but can't remember for sure)
15) Right Said Fred. I'm a bit embarrassed to cop to this one too, but it was featured on "Married With Childran".
16) Sadly, I know this one too but wish I didn't. I DESPERATELY wish I didn't.

The Fifth String said...

Oh rats. Now that I look at NF's answers, I should have gotten #11.

I should have gotten #6 too, but it's not high in my favorites so I don't feel too bad.

And I think he's right on #8 too. Possible Keith Carradine did another version of it?

Maggie May said...

Actually, Ken you are right on #6. That IS the verison that is on my iPod. The Commodores' song Nightfly referred to is actually called "Easy"...no "I'm."

Good Job!

The Fifth String said...

I got it right? YAY!

And now that you mention that, I just got the Commodores' song in my head and it's not the same one.

I'm NOT insane*!

*I've actually used this sentence at work several times this week. The worst thing about getting old is not getting senile, but feeling like you are when you aren't.

Cullen said...

I'm NOT insane*!

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Not so fast, Summers. Just because you get an answer right on a quiz doesn't mean you're not batshit loopy.

nightfly said...

Cullen, I'm obviously exhibit A in your case!

"Easy." BAH! I am filled with shame. ;)