Friday, May 9, 2008

A 56 Questions Meme From Tracey

A Meme from Tracey

1.ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
I have sooo many, clutz extraordinaire that I am. I have one on the back of my head from getting kicked with a roller skate at Roller City when I was like 8. I have scars on both knees from eating it on my bike when I was like 9…and I was wearing parentally forbidden flip flops (we called them thongs back then...before, uhm, thongs) while bike riding, which got me in trouble on top of the stitches in both knees. Talk about adding insult to injury! I have four scars on my feet…three from surgeries, and one from cutting my foot on a piece of glass. See…way more than you needed to know. I’ll shut up now.

2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
A sign that says “If I should fall behind, wait for me” which is a lyric from our wedding song. I know someone who makes these, if anyone wants a customized one of their own (you pick the lyrics or phrase and color scheme). End of shameless plug.

3. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
2:09 pm…my mom calls me every year at exactly 2:09 pm.

4. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
A job for my dad.

5. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
My parents…they moved far away. And my Grandma...she moved to Heaven.

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION?
I don’t know that I have one. For functionality, my iPod. For sentimentality, my scrapbooks, or my engagement ring…I dunno.

7. HOW TALL ARE YOU? 5′10″

8. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DAY? Depends on the topic, but not usually.

9. WHAT’S YOUR WORST FEAR?
Tracey’s answer: “Being old and alone”
Maggie’s answer: “Oh! Me too!”
Thanks meme…NOW I am scared during the day. Thanks a lot.

10. WHAT KIND OF HAIR COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
I don’t have a preference, as long as there IS hair.

11. WHAT ABOUT EYE COLOR? Nothing like those baby blues.

12. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINK?
Hmmm, not really in to either, but if I had to pick, it would be some sort of iced coffee dealio.

13. FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING? Pepperoni.

14. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
My answer would have to be a Tagamet. I had Cheesecake Factory for lunch, and I am so full. I can’t even think about food right now.

15. FAVORITE COLOR OF ALL TIME?
They all have their place…except olive green

16. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN A GOLDFISH?
Not that I recall. I did drink quite a lot in college, however.

17. WHAT WAS THE FIRST MEANINGFUL GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED?
Aren’t they all meaningful?

18. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH?
Well always with CO, but besides that, like Tracey, I also have some inappropriate celebrity crushes…and since we are talking about DWTS (well Tracey was talking about DWTS anyway), I will say that Christian De La Funetes (or however you spell it) is a yummy little piece of candy. The dimples AND the accent…mmmmmm.

19. FAVORITE CLOTHING BRAND?
I think I got over the brand thing in college. Now whatever is on sale is what I like best.

20. WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU WANT? A 1957 Bel Aire…I love the fins!

21. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Been there, done that, so uhm, yes, I have.

22. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE USA?
Barely…Victoria, Canada, and Tijuana, Mexico. Does that even count?

23. YOUR WEAKNESSES? Lists…and meme’s.

24. MET ANYONE FAMOUS? No

25. FIRST JOB? A runner for an insurance company. Also my most fun job.

26. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL? Why? Do you have Olive Oil in a jar?

27. DO YOU THINK EVERYONE OUT THERE HAS A SOUL MATE? Whatever that means.

28. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED THIS OUT? Working…sort of.

29. HAVE YOU EVER HAD SURGERY? See question 1

30. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST? Well, NOT my scarred up feet.

31. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY? To not discuss it.

32. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT? That ship has sailed. No point discussing it either.

33. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? A famous baseball player.

34. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST TURN OFF WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX? Condescension

35. WHAT IS ONE THING YOU MISS ABOUT GRADE SCHOOL? Field trips and special sack lunches (see Tracey's meme of last week) .

36. WHAT KIND OF SHAMPOO DO YOU USE?
Speaking of last week’s meme…I still use Suave. I am still a cheapskate. Ask me again next week…maybe I will have won the lottery by then.

37. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
My good handwriting very much…my note taking/pissy staff evaluation handwriting, not so much.

38. ANY BAD HABITS?
Tons…just ask my husband. Or my parents. Or my co-workers. Or my kids. Or my in-laws. Or the guy on jury duty with me yesterday.

39. ARE YOU A JEALOUS PERSON?
Rarely. But I’ve got to say I would have a problem with CO going on DWTS (yes, I’m still on that subject). They get VERY touchy and intimate. It’s kinda...hmmmm. Of course CO is not a star, so no danger there. I’m good. Until they come out with Dancing with Regular People...then I'm going to have a problem. Get away from my CO, Miss Thang! And take your damn feather boa and sequined mini skirt with you! Who-urrr (said with my scariest mafioso accent).

40. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I think so. I try to be loyal and supportive, and I am pretty non-confrontational with my friends, if not with total strangers (for example, the guy on jury duty with me yesterday...hey, a girl has to vent somehow!) Also…I’m funny. Sometimes. Okay once…but I was REALLY funny!

41. DO YOU AGREE WITH FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?
Hmmm…it’s been a long time, but as I recall, that never seemed to work out too well. One of the friends is always hoping to upgrade to a better benefits package, while the other is content with the benefits as stated in the original plan. There are generally too many exceptions to, and limitations on the benefits provided, and you never know when there are black out dates or when you have accrued enough points to qualify. Someone is left calling customer service to complain that the benefits weren’t quite what they’d enrolled for. The program was just way too complex for me.

42. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER? I yell at people in my car…and sometimes the jury room.

43. WHAT’S YOUR MAIN GOAL IN LIFE?
“That would be harsher punishment for parole violators, Stan…………..and world peace.”*

44. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD? Any and all things Barbie.

45. HOW MANY NUMBERS ARE IN YOUR CELL PHONE?
I have no clue. Fewer than most people, I’m guessing.

46. WERE YOU A FAN OF BARNEY AS A LITTLE KID?
I was far too old for Barney…but I hope I would NOT have been, were that fact changed. He bugs.

47. MASHED POTATOES OR MACARONI AND CHEESE? Yes, please.

48. DO YOU HAVE ALL YOUR FINGERS AND TOES? Yes.

49. DO YOU HAVE A COMPUTER IN YOUR ROOM?
No…I’m 38. It is in my house…not my “room”. I am getting the sense I am too old for this meme.

50. PLANS FOR TONIGHT?
Ha! I read this as “50 plans for tonight?” I thought “50! I don’t even have 1!” Duh! Well, uhm, the answer is no, then, obviously.

51. WHAT’S THE FASTEST YOU’VE EVER GONE IN A CAR?
Why? What did your radar gun say, because there is no way, I was going that fast, Officer. No way!

52. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO?
Marilyn Manson’s version of “Personal Jesus.”

53. LAST THING YOU DRANK?
A diet something or other. I think it was Coke. Shall I call Cheesecake Factory and ask them if they serve Coke or Pepsi? How badly do you want to know, meme?

54. REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT?
I decline to answer this question. “Don’t start nothin’, won’t be nothin’”**

55. DO YOU HAVE A LOW SELF ESTEEM OR A HIGH SELF ESTEEM?
Why? What did you hear? Did someone say something bad about me? Of course they did…I mean, who wouldn’t? Right? Are we almost done here…I need to go cry?

56. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING?
Nothing…it is a rare thing. But I am listening to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows on my iPod. It’s a different experience to reading it.

In case you weren’t into my movie vibe…
* From Miss Congeniality
** From Men in Black

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MM -- You're 5-10?!! Good Lord, woman, I'm totally jealous. Okay. I can't ever meet you in person. Or you must agree to stoop.

/Dancing with Regular People/ Hahahaha!!