Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Idol Chit Chat...Top 3

Another blah-ish week for me, if I'm being honest, Dawg. It just didn't seem like top 3 performances to me.

David Cook was the best (you knew I was going to say that)...although that's not saying much. The songs that were picked for him were...just odd. Of course that is true for all of them. Syesha was trying too hard. And David A., I truly dislike him, this you know, but "My Boo?"

My Boo?

Can you hear yourself, David? Can you hear how ridiculous you sound? Because I can. Of course, I have been able to hear it all season. I have magical, "ridiculous" detectors for ears, you know. Ugh!

CO commented there were no kick ass performances this year. I get what he's saying. In previous seasons, there has been one "WOW" performance from someone. Okay, not last year either, but last year we were dealing with the shallow end of the talent pool. This year was supposed to be different.

I disagree with CO a little, in that I wasn't taking much notice of David Cook until he did his Hello thing, then he sealed the deal with the Billie Jean performance, so those were somewhat stand out, for me. But I still get where CO was going.

THIS is where he was going...his favorite Idol performance of all time:

(Okay, I suck and I can't get the links to work! They are showing up in separate posts below. Scroll down...I'll wait. CO's favorite is TWO posts down. Go on now!)

Now Carrie was not my favorite that season, but even I had to admit that she kicked ass with this song. I think she won it right there. Oh and Simon's prediction at the end of that clip...spot on.

Now this is MY favorite Idol performance of all time:

(Yeah...do the scroll thing again. Go I said!)

Bo Bice just gave me chills in this performance. He was da bomb, Dawg.

Can you tell we loved us some Season 4?

And before you get all up in my grill with your Kelly Clarkson, and your Clay Aiken, we didn't start watching until Season 4, so I'm not dissing your peeps, I'm simply have no basis for an opinion. M'kay? Great.

Anyway, performances aside, I voted for David Cook the entire time I was watching the Dancing With the Stars results. I punched redial every 15 seconds for like an hour.

I must say, I am looking forward to next week when all this reality TV is over, and I can take a much needed break from sticking my fat nose into these people's lives.

1 comment:

Cullen said...

Last year had Melinda Doolittle and I was amazed by almost every song she performed.

My problem with this season is the very thing that the show has been touting was going to make the season better -- everyone's talented. There were no obvious Sanjayas or Chicken Littles this year. Everyone in the final spots had some talent and ability and that made it difficult when all of their performances this year -- like you said -- lacked "wow."

Since there was no obvious "he/she's a bad singer, but everyone loves him/her" the season lacks a certain drama. That person usually acts as a foil where our negativity about American Idol can go. Since there was no foil, that negativity got spread around more equally, though a lot of it has fallen on David A (deservedly).