Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Idol Chit Chat...The Finale

David Cook...you're killing me, Dude. KILLING ME!

He hasn't had what I would call an outstanding performance since Neil Diamond week. Why did he wait until the last few weeks of the competition to fall off a bit. WHY?

Is it Archuletta's Dad? Did he threaten to take him out with a metal bat a la Tonya Harding / Nancy Kerrigan? Or does he simply feel sorry for the earnest, simpering, weepy little brat with the controlling stage dad?

What is it?

Maybe he realizes it doesn't matter, and that regardless of the outcome of this competition, David Cook will likely go the way of Chris Daughtry, whereas the brat will end up following the footsteps of so many before him )Reuben, Fantasia, Taylor, Jordin), making David Cook the champion where it counts most for a musician.

Still, it matters to ME, so I voted for two hours...continuously hitting redial as I watched the Dancing With the Stars Finale (no surprises there, by the way).

And I MUST say quickly...the brat's version of Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me did not hold a candle to THIS ONE . Did I not mention it was my favorite? The brat singing this was just salt into the wounds for me.

In fact, I am actually glad this is almost over, if for no other reason than I will be free of the brat.

"Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!"

2 comments:

athena said...

You're better than I am -- I never vote!

But HOORAY! on the results!!

nightfly said...

Good has truimphed over tweener.