Thursday, May 1, 2008

It's Official

It's May 1st, and I am officially a partner today.

You start out and you wonder if you will ever get there. You work and work and work and wonder. I hoped to make it by 40...I will be 39 in July, so mission accomplished.

Of course, other than the congratulatory flowers on my desk, it doesn't feel any different. Not today anyway. All of the anticipation, and it's somewhat anti-climatic.

Also, there is that whole dark cloud of the unknown out there...and a very "be careful what you wish for" vibe about the whole thing.

Time will tell.

In the mean time, I have finally achieved what was really one of my last goals. Guess I need to get some new ones.

UPDATE: Make that TWO sets of flowers...one from my fellow partners, and one from my wonderful CO.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Maggie!! I am sure you have worked your butt off to get there and deserve all the good things that come your way!

nightfly said...

Sweet! Congratulations. May you have a lot of success and even more happiness.

Cullen said...

Congratulations!

That is really awesome! Do you get an office with a window now?

Anonymous said...

How awesome to accomplish your goal and achieve it earlier than you expected. You are so bright and talented.

Congrats from your family in Wichita.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late to the party, but WHOO-HOO and congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Hell, I'm even later to the party than Ricki, but I'll add my WOO HOO! Mega congrats, Maggie!