Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Embracing Your Inner Exhibitionist

Okay, I have a very important survey to conduct here. It is hugely important, and potentially life-altering. Ready? Ladies...panties under the pantyhose, or are you commando under there?

The reason I am asking? Well, uhm, earlier today, I visited the ladies' room, and my panties broke. They broke! The strap on the right side just snapped like a dry little twig. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to make them work without the strap, but in the end I had to, uhm, remove them, and throw them in the trash can, buried under several layers of paper towels that I threw in there to hide them. Why I felt the need to do this, I do not know. I didn't want anyone looking in the trash and wondering, I guess. I mean, I would wonder if I looked in the trash can at work and saw some one's panties. Wouldn't you?

Anyway, I still have the pantyhose, thank God, and they had the little cotton thingy which indicates you can choose to wear them without the panties underneath, but this isn't something I commonly do, and I gotta say...I feel creepy.

This is almost as bad as...oh, I was searching for a link to an old blog I wrote, but it must have been posted on the former blog site. I guess one day soon I will have to recreate my most embarrassing blunders for your amusement. For those of you who read the old blog, and read that post...yeah, almost as creepy as that time.

So does anyone out there skip the panties as a general practice? Like you're going to admit it now, right? No, seriously, I suppose I could see the benefits...less laundry, no visible pantylines, and it is somewhat cooler (temperature-wise). But how do you get past the exposed feeling?

Or maybe you like that exposed feeling? Is that it? Do I have to embrace my inner exhibitionist? Do I have to welcome this as my own private dirty secret? What?

Help me here, people! Clearly, I need it. I am not well. I am not well at all.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wear panties under my pantyhose. The only time I don't wear them is on the weekend under sweats or shorts. I refer to the last day of the weekend as "No Underwear Sunday".
I have worked with several people, including my boss and one girl, that never wear underwear. (I know, we are WAY too open in this office!) I am probably one of the least modest people I know and not shy at all so I am not sure why it would bother me to do it but it does. I can't even wear a thong because I have the feeling my ass is hanging out even when wearing jeans.

Anonymous said...

You still wear hose?

Wow.

I thought that was a lost art.

Joel said...

Should the day ever come that I wear pantyhose (I can't imagine it will, but who knows?), I have no intention of wearing panties under them. Does that help?

Kate P said...

Just because *you* asked, MM: I prefer a cotton layer myself. I avoid stockings whenever I can--usually wear them for church (with closed-toe shoes) and special events only. I have a couple different styles of undies to avoid the dreaded VPL.

Remember "Underalls"? That was supposed to be the solution in the '80s. Do they still make those?

Anonymous said...

In my case, I always have them on under. The idea of being "naked under my hose" skeeves me out.

Not to mention that in any given day I may be walking up an "open" staircase, caught in the wind, etc., etc.

I only wear hose in the winters, though. When the heat index is 110*, I tend to go with comfort over propriety.

Anonymous said...

I would have to wear underwear with my pantyhose. No ifs ands or buts. I am very modest. I would be freaked out if I had to go without my undies for one day!! If my underwear broke and I was at work with no more underwear available I would have to bury them too. I would wrap them in several layers on toilet paper then carry them to the trash can and wrap them in several layers of paper towels and throw them away. Then 700 years later when they are doing an archeological dig and stumble across my underwear wraped in several layers of paper they can wonder exactly what took place.

Wow, I think my imagination got away from me there.

Nina said...

My sainted mother said to me, when I became of nylons wearing age, that only strumpets leave the house without panties on. She was quite a character, that one. I can't even accustom myself to wearing a thong because it feels like not enough underthings have been applied to my lower person. In short, no, you shall not skip the panties, at least my mother would say so. :)

Maggie May said...

Thanks so much for the comments. They have been tremedously valuable to me personally, as well as all of society, I think.

I managed to survive the day, however I have no plans to repeat this incident in the near future, unforseen panty emergencies not withstanding. I could never shed the creepiness factor.

And yes, Ken, unfortunately I work for a company that still embraces the "old ways." Oh, how I long for business casual.