Wednesday, September 3, 2008

T.G.I.F.

I know it's not Friday, Silly! That isn't what TGIF means...not to me...not in September.

T.G.I.F. Thank God it's Football! Football! Glorious football! It was a long, cold, lonely off-season, and I have missed you so.

And right out of the gates, I get a delicious surprise. After week 1 in college football, both the AP and Coach's polls read as follows:

1) USC
2) Georgia
3) Ohio State
4) Oklahoma
5) Florida

USC jumped 2 spots from their 3rd spot in the preseason poll. The explanatory article, USC’s reward: Top spot in Top 25, goes on to say:
“There’s a bit of a growing backlash for the amount of teams that open with I-AA cupcakes,” said Mandel. “To see a team (USC) go on the road and play a New Year’s Day bowl team from last season, and not only play them but destroy them, how could you not reward that team?”

Amen, Brutha! Oh, and this quote from Pete Carol:
“We realize that rankings so early in a season are certainly fluid. But rankings do help establish a pecking order for things later in the season...As for moving into the No. 1 spot, it’s nice to know that people think highly of our team.”

I must say right now, I love Pete Carroll. I love him with a devotion seldom known. He is never pompous, never braggy, never obnoxious. He always compliments his players, and the other teams' players and coaches. He is 100% class 100% of the time.

If I were to ever have more kids, I would name them all Pete Carroll. In fact, if we weren't both happily married, I'd have his kids and name them all Pete Carroll. This is how much I love me some Pete Carroll.

So T.G.I.F. and while you're at it, thank God for Pete Carroll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister (I mean daughter) Amen