Monday, January 21, 2008

Dream Interpretation

I had two really strange dreams this weekend, and since a few of my favorite bloggers have recently shared their dreamscapes with us, I thought I would supply a bit of quid pro quo.

Although I have to warn you, I don't dream in nearly as much detail as they do, so please read my post first, before linking to theirs. That way, mine won't seem like such a disappointment. If you read theirs first, you're gonna be bored with mine. See, I have no cheerleading, and no action-hero antics, so keep your expectations low.

In dream number 1, I am with an old friend (and fellow but recently reclusive blogger), and we are riding on the back of a motorcycle with her beloved. Don't ask me where we got this giant chromed-out chopper big enough for all three of us, because I just don't know. But we were riding through some forest area, when for some unknown reason we stopped and started searching for leprechauns. We weren't searching in the "do they really exist" way, it was they did exist, and her beloved knew them...they were friends or something, and we were invited to some party. I can't remember if we actually found them or not, but the next thing I knew, we were back on the highway being chased by the police. We tried to outrun them, but for some reason decided to stop.

Turns out, I was very drunk in this dream (no...really? Sounds more like I was drunk in real life). I had been drinking vodka...and lots of it (maybe that's why I can't remember the leprechaun party), and I was being arrested for drunk driving. But I hadn't been driving the motorcycle at all. I was just hanging on the back. My friend had been driving. I tried explaining this all to the police...and let's don't even talk about how quickly I gave her up, but they didn't care. I kept arguing over and over that they couldn't arrest me for drunk driving when I wasn't driving. They could only arrest me for public intoxication or some such thing. I think I may have been an attorney in this dream. That, or my copious intake of vodka had me thinking I was.

Anyway, I woke up somewhere around this point. The strange part of the dream was how real it was. I swear I was dying inside at the thought of calling CO and telling him I had been arrested for drunk driving. I was worrying over my insurance rates, the amount of the fines, how I was going to tell my parents, my kids, everything. And when I woke up, for a few seconds, I wasn't completely certain that it hadn't really happened. I never dream that "real." I can usually tell it is a dream while it is happening, and there is rarely such logical responses from me as worrying over the financial impact of the dream woes.

In the second dream I was Hermione from the Harry Potter books, and I was in love with Victor Krum, not Ron. Okay yes, I recently watched The Goblet of Fire movie. Anyway, our love was a secret love, and I couldn't tell anyone. We sneaked all over under cover of Harry's invisibility cloak, and no one knew. Until we both became contestants on American Idol.

I sang the Theme from Mahogany, by Diana Ross, and I kicked ass! In fact, I kicked Victor's ass, and his mom got pissed at me. She threatened to tell everyone that I was sleeping with Victor, so that I would be stripped of my American Idol crown, which was a real crown by the way...all sparkly and glittery. I got away from her though, and remembered I had one more song to sing, but I couldn't recall which song. I woke up trying to remember some elusive song that I never could quite catch.

So...what does it all mean? I forget that I have drank too much, act like an ass, and think I am right when I consume vodka, and I am too invested in Harry Potter and American Idol?

Well, Duh! I already knew that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It's so nice to see hear that other people have really wild dreams like I do.

Leprechauns huh? Did you by chance recently read the new Stephanie Plum book??

Maggie May said...

NO! I need to though! I love those books. I didn't know you were a fan.

In the dream, the leprechauns were only an aside. They totally didn't fit, but that's how dreams go sometimes.

Anonymous said...

Step away from the crack pipe.

It does make you wonder why your brain puts all this stuff together.

I had a dream once that "they" were sacrificing Catholics and I said I wasn't one but Phil was. We give people up pretty easy in our dreams!!

nightfly said...

Hogwarts Idol! BWAHAHAHAHA! I love your dreams. (And thanks for the linky love.)

Unknown said...

Wild dream. You should check out Remembering and Interpreting Dreams on YouTube