Thursday, January 3, 2008

Songs Everyone Should Own - A Prologue

I was running through my iTunes playlist again the other day, a thing I really love to do, looking for a few items for my good friend, C. She had requested that I...uhmmmm, let's say recommend some songs for her to acquire. Let's also say I had no part at all in said acquisition.

Anyway, I went beyond the few she had requested, and began compiling a list of songs I thought everyone should own so that she could some how, some way, acquire them. Ahem. I told her I would provide her with a few new "lists" every so often.

Now I know some of these songs, she will hate. Others will make her laugh, groan, shake her head in amazement, whatever. Either way, I will have fun making these "lists" for her.

The more I thought about this, I was inspired by Michele's varied music and photo projects. Those of you who read regularly know I have like one blog idea a week, if I'm lucky (note I did not say good idea...just idea). So to fill in the other days of the week, I decided to a song a day.

A song a day of music I think everyone should own...or at least listen to at least once.

Don't freak...I'm not telling you you must like it. In fact, like C, I fully understand that you will even hate some of it. The controversy is all part of the fun. I welcome the haters to post their criticism.

I am warning you...my musical tastes are not as expansive, colorful or varied as Michele Still, I think I can put together a good list by the end of tax season. This will give me something to look forward to, and post about each day of my miserable working season, and it will provide C with an expanded musical selection by the time we are done.

I will do regular blogs too, when inspired, and I may even get back to the TV list I started way back when, but never finished, just to mix things up.

So there is the explanation for song of the day deal. Thanks for your indulgence.

No comments: