Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Lack of Committment...

or Songs Everyone Should Know / iTunes Tuesday Trivia.

Okay, I can't blog daily. I just can't. No matter what list I try to make or plan I try to incorporate, something comes up. I'm just not a daily blogging kind of girl.

To that end, I have no excuse for missing yesterday's songs everyone should own blog except my extreme lameness. Lame-ity, lame lame lame.

So, I am hereby combining the Songs Everyone Should Own and the iTunes Tuesday theme into a trivia thing for this week. Who the hell knows what I will do with it next week. Probably no one cares, either, so...

Everyone of these songs is by an artist named Bill or Billy, Will, Willie, or William somewhere in their name, AND every song is on my Songs Everyone Should Own list. Here goes:

1) If "you put the magic in me," and "I feel the magic when we do what we do," what are you?

2) If you got a call from an old friend, with whom you had been real close, where is he living now, and what does he do? He gives them a stand up routine in LA (My Life, Billy Joel) - Joel

3) "Son, how did you get in this condition?" Carrying on a family tradition (Family Tradition, Hank Williams Jr.) - Joel

4) If "that stained glass curtain you're hiding behind never lets in the sun," what is your name? Virginia (Only the Good Die Young, Billy Joel) - Joel (and loved the editorializing, by the way)

5) If you'd sell your soul for her, for money to burn with her, what did she cry, and when? In the midnight hour, she cried "more more more" (Rebel Yell, Billy Idol) - Joel

6) If they call you "Lovin' Dan" and you "rock 'em, roll 'em all night long," what are you?

Bonus question (This is a multi-parter):

If we're all in the mood for a melody, and you've got us feeling alright, provide information about the following characters: (All questions from Piano Man, Billy Joel)

a) What is the old man sitting next to you drinking? What does he
want you to play? tonic and gin...a memory

b) What is the bartenders name? What two things is he quick
with? What does he want to be, if he could get out of this
place? John...a joke and the light of your smoke...a movie star

c) What does Paul do for a living? real estate novelist

d) To whom is Paul speaking, and what does he do for a
living? Davy, who is still in the Navy

e) What is the waitress practicing? politics

f) What drink are they all sharing? What is it better than? lonliness...drinking alone

g) What do they say when they put money in the tip jar? "Man, what are you doing here?"

All of the bonus answers were guessed by Alice. Good Job Alice and Joel! One to go!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I am going for broke and answering ALL the questions. (Since I no longer get to play trivia with "Maggie" every day)

a) tonic & gin, a memory
b) John, joke or a light of your smoke, movie star
c) Real Estate Novelist
d) Davy, still in the Navy
e) politics
f) "loneliness", drinking alone
g) "Man, what are you doing here?"

Maggie May said...

Good job on the bonus, Alice. What about the rest???

Joel said...

2) He's living in LA, where he gives 'em a stand-up routine.

3) Hey, Sawbones, I'm just carryin' on an old family tradition.

4) My name is Virginia, and I'm being pestered by an agnostic teenager with a zipper strained to the breaking point.

5) She cried "More, more, more," and it was in the midnight hour.

6) Probably someone who looks a lot like Dan after six margaritas in bad lighting.