Friday, January 4, 2008

Songs Everyone Should Own - January 4

Mandy - Barry Manilow

I have admitted (at least on the old blog) to being a fanilow. I can't help it. I just love him. So I HAD to include at least one Manilow song on this list. My favorite Manilow song is actually Weekend in New England. Or maybe Looks Like We Made It. I can't decide. But when I made this list, neither of those songs really fit, and I kept coming back to Mandy.

Maybe because it is quintessential Manilow.

Or maybe because secretly, I listen to this song and I remember my former loves...especially the ones that done me wrong, and I can picture them sitting there all forlorn and miserable, finally knowing they had make the biggest mistake of their lives in letting me go. And I smile.

Too late, boys, I found somebody better, whom I love with all my heart. You had your chance. Ta ta!

Then the song ends, and so does the delusion. I am actually in touch with a few of my exes (one is even a client of mine now), and they are all perfectly happy with their lives and their wives. And I am happy for them. Truly. Okay...mostly.

Lookin' in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
How happy you made me, oh Mandy

No comments: