Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Idol Chit Chat...of Dignity, Dorks, Stalkers and Chest Wax

I am late, as usual, in posting, and everyone else here has pretty much covered it. But still, I had some thoughts.

First, Alexis...sparkly pirate crackhead girl. They weren't even mean to her. They said she could sing pretty well, with a band, but she wasn't a soloist, and the show was not right for her talent. She FLIPPED OUT in great disproportion to the comments she received. Then she said she would leave with her dignity...yet proceeds on to a barrage of flip offs, bleeps and saying she was going in to "actressing." Uhm, yeah, I think that "dignity" ship has sailed, Hon.

Temptress...I was so impressed with how sweet Simon was to her. He is not the ogre everyone makes him out to be.

The stalker song was really creepy...yet strangely hilarious. "If she were Columbo I would Peter Falk her...If she were Willona form Good Times, I'd Jimmy Walk-her...If she were a bathtub, I would caulk her." Clever. Disturbing and creepy, but clever.

Princess Leia (okay, I have no idea how to spell that. I am not a Star Wars groupie...sorry)...she was a self proclaimed "dork," who then had a major meltdown about being a "dork." If you are so unhappy with that moniker, let me offer some advice...don't dress like a movie character any day other than October 31st. Also, if you are going for general sympathy for your "dorkiness" don't drop the f-bomb in front of the grandparents. It's not cool. Oh, and don't dis the other girls for being "imitations" when, in fact, you are dressed up like a movie character. Do you know what the word imitation means?

You know, it's fine to be a self-proclaimed dork. The only problem is when you are a half-assed dork. If you want to dress up like a Star Wars character then do it, and be proud. Embrace your dorkhood. Don't flaunt your dorkhood, then cry and whine and go all poor me after you've done it.

Oh, and that chest/stomach/back waxing had to hurt. I cringe at the thought. I myself have never mastered the art of waxing. I am strictly a razor and tweezers girl. I tried to wax my eyebrows once. I stupidly waxed them both up at the same time. After pulling the wax off of one, I thought I might permanently leave the wax on the other. I wondered how long it would take for the wax to wear off on it's own. Would it be there for the rest of my natural life, or just 10 years or so? After debating this issue for the better part of an hour, I bit the bullet and ripped off the second eyebrow. I have eschewed waxing ever since.

Oh, a final thought...CO thinks the Oregon log-cabin girl is prettier than Carrie Underwood. I disagree. Opinions?

3 comments:

Cullen said...

Is that the one who's also a cage fighter? If so, then yes, I agree.

Maggie May said...

It's the cage fighter thing, isn't it? I should have guessed that. The image of her fighting with another girl in a cage trumps Carrie Underwood.

I get it now.

Anonymous said...

I read the words "chest wax" in the header. I hold you personally responsible for three exploded cerebral capillaries.