Thursday, January 24, 2008

Idol Chit Chat...of Albemarle and Artistis

SarahK covers last night's auditions beautifully, as always, but I did have a few thoughts to add.

After seeing the chick, De Anna with a capital A, from Albemarle, North Carolina…aka Kellie Pickler’s home town, I have to advise the Albemarle school board to revamp their educational process. They are 0 for 2 here.

The little dance captain who stated her name as “Amy, Amy Catherine, AC, whatevs”...IMHO, she is way to flippant for a 16 year old speaking to her elders. Simon says some people in America will find her annoying, and she says “No they won’t.” Uhm, Sweetie, Simon is right. I already find you annoying, and it’s been like 30 seconds. You’re adorable and all, and I appreciate your convictions, but yeah…you bug.

Maybe she should hook up with the guy who auditioned last week in Texas who was also a virgin. Did he get through? That would be perfect for them! Maybe she would get the necklace his dad wore with the heart. Awww.

Anyway…

Both last night, and the night before, a few auditioners have commented that people stop and stare when they sing. Uhm, people, this isn’t necessarily a good thing. These “singers” seem to be under the impression that onlookers pause because they are awestruck…when in fact they stop because they are horror struck. Same reaction, very different cause. Seriously people, THINK about this as a possibility, before running off to American Idol auditions. Please.

One of these seriously delusioned people proclaimed loudly, after being rejected, that AI didn’t want good “artistis.” Was he from Albemarle?

South Carolina was not good. San Diego was only marginally better. I swore this would be my final season of AI, if it was as bad as last season. It is not looking good for the future of my relationship with AI.

3 comments:

Cullen said...

I don't know if it'll be my last season, but it's becoming more difficult to watch. The audition process used to be the reason I watched the show, now it's just painful.

My hope is that the auditions will be offset by the rest of the show. We'll see.

nightfly said...

Mr. Never Been Kissed did not get through. AC is right out of luck.

Anonymous said...

I have lost interest in American Idol too. It started with last year's season. I did watch the majority of the episodes after they had picked the final contestants but I am not in love with it like I was. I thought I was the only one. It doesn't help that is on against Biggest Loser on Tuesday nights. That is my new addiction.