Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lava Love

Not even one week into my resolution to blog daily, I have fallen off the wagon. This one wasn't totally my fault, since I was computerless for a few days whilst I moved to my new office.

I am officially moved into the bat cave...since it is the only office in our collective suite with no windows...lucky me. It is, however, bigger than my old office. Plus it has a nice new workstation that I got to help design, so it is exactly how I wanted it. And I have some built in bookshelves that I didn't have before. All in all, it isn't so bad.

Except we now keep blowing a circuit...it happened four times today, and everyone is blaming my lava lamps, so I have been forced to turn them off.

Like those two tiny little 40 watt bulbs are overloading the circuit. I'm sure that is it.

Okay, I'm not an electrician, so it might be it, but I am stubbornly refusing to believe it. I love my lava lamps. They bring me joy. I retired the old faded one when I moved to the new space, and bought two brand new ones...the traditional lava one is black, and the other one is all pink & glittery. Just like me!

Look, I am an accountant...very little around here is pink and glittery. I can't give it up. I just can't. Besides, I am the only one who would agree to move into the bat cave. You can't expect me to give up views of the outside world and lava. That is simply wrong! Wrong, I tell ya!

Tax season might be a thing of horror for the interns if my lava lamps are confiscated.

I'm just sayin'.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dare they!!

Anonymous said...

Those Lava loveless losers!!

Can you plug the Lava lamps into a different outlet? Did you try that already? What about running an extension cord from the bathroom to your office and plugging them in that way?

Cullen said...

Get an UPS, then they won't be able to complain.