Monday, August 27, 2007

The BIG Screen

I think we may be the last people in America to get a big screen television. Our previously biggest screen was a 36".

Part of our whole remodel project has been to get a bigger tv. Our previous family room was long and narrow...not condusive to a big screen, but the new family room...a fatter rectangle that works!

So...Saturday, we finally got our BIG SCREEN and a surround sound system. It is so damn cool. I didn't want to come to work...I wanted to sit and stare at the glory that is a big screen.

I know for most of you, this is so five years ago, but for me...long awaited tv bliss!

Of course we spent all of our money, and can't quite finish refashioning what is now the old family room to it's new purpose. But it was so worth it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just this summer, I went from a 13" screen to...I don't know how they measure screens for sure but the widest outside diameter is 32".

It's a huge difference. It is so nice to be able to watch a movie that's done in "letterbox" and not have to squint from across the room or go get a chair and put it 3 feet away from the tv.

I'm also still feeling the digital-cable love. Dirty little secret: I ADORE Discovery Medical (well, except for the precious, breathless show about Supermodels! Having! Babies!). I love Dr. G. I love the one that's set in the emergency room, where they have the real doctors talking and then cheesy "dramatizations" of what happened. And I love, love "Doctorology" which is a new show on there that has Leslie Nielsen in it, basically playing his Naked Gun character, but as a doctor.

all the anti-tv snobs can flip off. I'm going to say it clear and loud: I love tv and I'm proud.

Cullen said...

You're not the only late adopter. We still haven't upgraded. I have so many other priorities, but I'll get a big one eventually.

Anonymous said...

Don't tell Bob that you got one because we don't have a big screen yet either. Of course I keep telling him that it would take up half of our small living room! We just got direct tv earlier this year and I am addicted to the DVR! Now if I could just get the tv to myself to actually watch the stuff I have taped I would be in heaven.

Maggie May said...

Glad to know I wasn't the only one. I felt so inadequate with my small tv. I kind of understood what men go through.

Lori, it's our secret. I won't tell Bob.

We have had Directv since we last moved...the football package you know.

But we only just recently got the DVR, too. My friend said it would change my life. I thought she was crazy...she wasn't. It did change my life. I LOVE the DVR. I don't think the tv will quite live up to the DVR, but I am still loving it!

Maggie May said...

And Ricki...I agree. I love me some tv, and those holier-than-thou anti-tv snobs can flip off with bells on!