Friday, September 7, 2007

Day Seven

...of the hot water watch. Still nothing.

I got a late afternoon call from the plumber yesterday informing me that the home warranty insurance company had decided to deny the claim, since it has been discovered that the unit is still under manufacturer's warranty.

Oh, they would cover the plumber coming out and unhooking it. Then we would have to drive it to Home Depot ourselves, get it exchanged, pay the difference in cost ourselves, then drive it home. Then sometime next week they would pay for the plumber to come out again and install the new one.

Some. Time. Next. Week.

Uhm, let's see..."Fuck You" comes to mind!

Had we known this, we could have done this last Saturday, and skipped the whole cold shower thing...six days worth!!!!! It took them SIX DAYS...S-I-X...to decide they were going to do nothing at all!!!!

So I start thinking about this stupid home warranty insurance. Hmmmm. It was a good idea the first year we bought the house...obviously you never know what is going to go wrong. And it has been a good idea for people we know to carry this on. My parents have gotten like two A/C compressors, so the insurance has paid for itself.

We have gotten a garage door opener...and a partial refund on a new washing machine. Not enough to cover the premiums we have paid.

And looking around our house, we realized we have a new refrigerator and a new washer and dryer...all under manufacturer's warranty. Everything else is not that expensive to replace. We don't have the big ticket item...an A/C unit, so...

So why are we paying for this insurance again?? We have been duped...lulled into paying premiums we don't need to pay because we have been taught to be cautious and careful and well-insured...in case of emergency (which does NOT include 6 days without hot water, by the way).

I have two words...FUCK THAT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May the Hot Water Heater Gods be with you today.

Anonymous said...

I'd be sorely tempted to send a big box full of cold water to the insurance company.

My hot water heater is some 20 years old and I live in fear of the day it dies, given how hard it is to get workmen here. I'm pretty much just expecting I will either go stay in a motel or wind up taking my showers at the gym here.