Tuesday, September 25, 2007

iTunes for Tuesday

Game time! Identify the song one way or another (artist, title, next line, or all three if you're really S.M.R.T.).

1) There's a port on a western bay, and it serves a hundred ships a day

2) Like a rhythm unbroken...Like drums in the night...Like sweet soul music...Like sunlight...I need your love

3) I don't want to hear about it anymore. It's a shame I've got to live without you anymore. There's a fire in my heart, a pounding in my brain, it's driving me crazy.

4) When you snap your fingers, or wink your eye...I come a running to you

5) Tonight's the night we'll make history, honey, you and I

Okay...three softballs, here, and two that are maybe slightly harder. #2 and #3 are two of my all time favorite songs (somewhere in the top 100...maybe 150), so someone HAS to get them! Good luck!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

#1 is Brandy but I am not sure who sang it. Some of the others are VERY familiar but I have to think some more.

Anonymous said...

#1 is sung by Looking Glass. (It is one of our favorite songs)

#5 is sung by Styx and I am taking a stab at the title: "The Best of Times"

#3 I will have to keep thinking about but it is slowly coming to my brain.

nightfly said...

#1 - correct so far... the next line is "Lonely sailors pass the time away, talkin' 'bout their homes." Looking Glass, incidentally, was a band that started at Rutgers University.

#4 - "I Can't Help Myself" by the Four Tops - the next line is something about "there's nothing that I can do" but I don't know the lead in

Darn but I can't remember the rest of them. And "The Best of Times" is a great song, whose lines I constantly mix up.

Maggie May said...

I said I would wait longer for the answers this time, but I think Friday is sufficient.

Good job everyone on #1 (and thanks for the Looking Glass trivia, Nightfly...I did not know that).

#4 & #5 were also identified correctly.

Know on got my favorites though! #2 is called "Hawkmoon 269" by U2 and #3 is "High Enough" by the Damn Yankees.

Maggie May said...

Okay, it's early. Nice grammar.

"Know on" SHOULD read "No one."

DAMN!