Tuesday, September 18, 2007

iTunesday Tuesday

Identifiy the lyrics one way or another (artist, song, next line)

1) Now the thing that I call livin' is just bein' satisfied with knowin' I got no one left to blame

2) Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be. There's a shadow hanging over me.

3) Ice. Your only rivers run cold. These city lights, they shine as silver and gold.

4) I was justified when I was five. Raising cane, I spit in your eye.

5) Turn the music way down low. Let me see you in the glow. In the fire light you are shining.

Ohhhhh...some of these are hard this week! If you can get 1, 3 or 5, I will be IMPRESSED! Good luck!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only know #2, "Yesterday."

Cullen said...

Of course the only one I know is the one Ricki got.

Anonymous said...

I was with Ricki and Cullen but I knew #4 sounded really familiar. It's Elton John, The Bitch Is Back. (Hey that could be a good myspace song for me!)
I will admit that I did finally look up the other 3 and I never would have known them.

shannon said...

#3 is "Unforgettable Fire." U2. As you know I would know. Ho ho ho.

You're right, though, about the rest. I'm stumped.

Maggie May said...

Okay a few items:

1) Ricki, Cullen, Lori: Good job on "Yesterday".

2) Yes, Lori #4 IS "The Bitch is Back." That does seem like a good theme song for me as well ;)

3) I KNEW if anyone would know #3, it would be Shannon. Good job!

4) #1 is "Carefree Highway" by Gordon Lightfoot, and #5 is "The Way I Feel Tonight" by the...are you ready for this...Bay City Rollers.

Now how is THAT for a blast from the past?
I told you they were hard!

Joel said...

The first one by the Gordfather jumped out at me right away. I wish I'd seen this sooner. I especially like that song since my ex-wife's name is Ann. (And I'll be damned if I [want to] recall her face.)

nightfly said...

I HATE being late for everything. I had a decent shot at Carefree Highway. (It's nice to see you, my old friend.) It serves me right for havin' stuff to do. =P

Maggie May said...

I will not post the answers so soon next week!

Joel...HA! You made me laugh with that last line!