Thursday, September 13, 2007

More "Best" TV (11-13)

I won't get too far today...too much bullshit at work!

But let's do a few more...

Cold Case

New show...one of those that may not be on the list 10 years down the road. You have to suspend your belief a bit for this (okay for ANY television), but...I find myself watching this one, asking how I am supposed to believe that after 40 years, these detectives were able to find this key piece of evidence that the prior detectives missed. Oh, I am sure this happens in real life...once in a great while, not every single case, every single time, but if they didn't solve every crime, who would watch?

What I really love about this show, I think, is the songs. They play some great songs! In fact, there is a whole web page dedicated to the music they play. I have visited it, then iTunes in quick succession, on more occasions than I'd like to admit.

Cha-ching! 99 cents please. Thank you!

Oh, and is Kathryn Morris (aka Detective Lily Rush) the palest woman in the history of the world? I am only asking as the second palest, just so I know where I stand.

Cosby Show

I was watching a rerun of this show just the other day and it still gives me that wonderful happy feeling. Cliff was such a warm and funny guy...the kind of guy I'd like to know in life. In the episode I watched the other day, Theo did something to get himself in trouble, and he asked his dad when he would get his punishment. Cliff asked "Are you expecting to be punished?" Theo said, "Well, shouldn't I?" to which Cliff replied "Oh, yeah!" in that funny-serious way that only Bill Cosby can. I don't know...I just loved it!

CSI (the original...NOT the spin-offs)

This is the good one. Another new one that may not be on the list in 10 years, and another that asks me to suspend reality a bit too much (like CSI lab guys are really running around arresting and interviewing suspects...isn't that the detectives job?), but still an entertaining show. They come up with some elaborate crimes (which they almost always solve), and give us a great look into forensics...something previous detective type shows either ignored or glossed over. Personally, I think the forensics is the most interesting part.

I do have to wonder though, are they teaching people to be better criminals? After watching that show, you learn about all the potential ways to get caught. In my mind I see a guy with a TiVo and a pencil, taking copious notes on how NOT to commit crimes. Of course, he will later destroy said notebook, or he will leave a clue for the CSI folks to follow up on, defeating the whole purpose, but you see my point, right? RIGHT?

That's today's list! By the way...don't panic. I don't have a whole 100, so this won't go on until the end of time!

No comments: