Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Idol Chit Chat...12 Guys

Finally! Some actual performances! It seems like it took forever to get her this year. So here’s my take, if you care:

1) David Hernandez – not bad, not fabulous. Whatever.

2) Chekezie – Yuck. If you’re going to wear the pimp suit, you’ve got to bring it. What made it even worse was the arguing afterward. No one is interested in your opinion of yourself. Shut up and listen!

3) David Cook – I’m liking him. Not a big fan of the hair, but the performance was good.

4) Jason Yeager – Lose the blond thing in the front of your hair. That is not good. The performance was kind of corny and boooorrrrriiiiiinnnnng.

5) Robbie Carrico – I must admit right off the bat, that I am partial to the rock guys, so of course, I loved it.

6) David Archuleta – I like him. He is so sweet. CO hates him…thinks the innocence is all just an act…we're a little jaded around here, apparently. I laugh when Paula says that she forgets how old he is. I think she is hoping the authorities will forget to, so she can sneak into his room. I don’t agree with Simon though…his performance was good, but not the best.

7) Danny Noriega – Hmmm. I have such mixed emotions about him. He can sing well…normally. Tonight was fairly sucky. The thing that gets me about him, is that I don’t expect THAT voice to come out of him…it just doesn’t match. But in the end I have to say, he is just too…well, you know where I’m going with this. I like him, I just wouldn’t expect him to generate a lot of votes, because of the overt, uhm, you know. Paula thinks he has many colors. I think it is just pink.

8) Luke Menard – Oh he is pretty to look at, but I’m not loving the voice. I agree with Simon that it was forgettable…except for the prettiness. I’m going to remember that.

9) Colton Berry – Love that song! He’s doing a decent job of singing it, but since I love that song, it is hard for me to hear it by anyone other than Elvis. CO thinks he looks like one of the ginger kids on that South Park episode. He loves to tease about that episode, since I am a ginger kid myself. I ignore him, but I have to agree…he does look like a ginger kid.

10) Garrett Haley – Okay yes, he does kind of look like Leif Garrett and/or Peter Frampton, but those guys had their heyday before this kid was even born, so asking him about them seems silly…like he would know? His performance was pretty awful. I think he may be leaving us.

11) Jason Castro – Hate the hair, but loved the performance. He redeemed himself for the hair. CO thinks he looks and acts like John Travolta, and proceeds to amuse me with a very good John Travolta imitation (from the Sweat Hog days). I laugh…and I can actually see where CO is coming from.

12) Michael Johns – Risky to sing the same song he already sang in auditions. It makes me wonder if he can only sing a few select songs…like me on the karaoke machine. But I loved it…again. If you can only sing a few songs, sing them great…and he did. I like him…his look, his voice, his accent. Yum.

Okay My Top 6:
1) Michael Johns
2) Jason Castro
3) Robbie Carrico
4) David Cook
5) David Archuleta
6) hmmmmmm…player to named later

Bottom and Going Home:
1) Garrett Haley
2) Chekezie
3) Jason Yeager

Garrett might get by on youth and appeal to the screaming tweeners, and Jason might get the “I’m a Daddy” sympathy vote, so I put them both on the list, since I’m just not sure which will prevail.

Did you see the trailer for the College Road Trip movie, or whatever it’s called. That pig is precious! I want a pig! This launches CO and I into a discussion of how our dogs would get along with a pig, and we decided the dogs would get an inexplicable craving for bacon, and the pig would be in trouble, so no pig.

Did you follow that change of subject there? Good!

1 comment:

athena said...

Totally agree about Chikezie. Like, what was the deal with the arguing at the end? Can't stand that. He oogs me out.

Danjaya -- I love how you say "because of the overt, uhm, you know". Hahahahaha! "The overt, uhm, you know is now" my favorite phrase.
He's precious, isn't he?