Monday, April 7, 2008

iTunes Tuesday - The Boss

In honor of my lucky co-worker, Di, who is listening to all of these songs as we speak, and of the fact that he is one of only two artists who appears on my 101 list three times, here is a special iTunes Tuesday (I know I haven't done this in ages, but...) on Monday...the Bruce Springsteen edition.

1) If you've got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack, what does everybody have? A Hungry Heart (Nightfly)

2) If you ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines, what were you born to do? Run (Nightfly)

3) If you learned more from a 3-minute record, baby, than you ever learned in school, what promise did you swear to always remember? No retreat, Baby, no surrender

4) If I believe in the love that you gave me; I believe in the faith that can save me; I believe in the hope and I pray that some day it may raise me above what? These Badlands (close, Nightfly)

5) Same song as #4, what "ain't no sin"? It ain't no sin to be glad you're alive

6) If there's a girl that lives up the block who back in school could turn all the boy's heads, what do you sit around talking to her about? Glory Days (close again, 'Fly)

7) If you've got a new suit of clothes, a pretty red rose and a woman you can call your friend, what are these? Better Days

8) If you ain't getting nowhere just living in a dump like this, what are you doing? sitting around getting older (Nightfly's answer. I was thinking Dancing in the Dark, but he is definitely not wrong. Good job!)

9) If you went down to the courthouse and the judge put it all to rest, what 4 things were there none of? No wedding day smiles, no walk down the aisle, no flowers no wedding dress

10) If you'd sit on his lap in that big old Buick and steer as you drove through town, what were you and your dad taking a good look at? Your Hometown (Nightfly)

11) If want her to show a little faith, there's magic in the night, what is she? She ain't a beauty, but hey, she's alright

12) Same song as # 11, if all the redemption you can offer is beneath this dirty hood, with a chance to make it good somehow, what else can we do now, except...? Roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair

13) If you were bruised and battered, and couldn't tell what you felt, and you were unrecognizable to yourself, where were you? The Streets of Philadelphia (Nightfly)

14) The flag of piracy flew from your mast, your sails were set wing to wing, and you had a jukebox graduate for first mate, who couldn't sail but she sure could sing, what did you do when they said "Sit Down"? What are you doing in general? When they said sit down I stood up. Growing Up.

15) If at night you wake up with the sheets soaking wet and a freight train running through the middle of your head, what is wrong with you? I'm on fire (Nightfly)

16) If everyone dreams of a love lasting and true, but you and I know what this world can do, what should we do? Let's make our steps clear, that the other may see. I'll wait for you, should I fall behind wait for me.

17) If you are sittin' here in this bar tonight, and all you're thinkin' is you're the same old story same old act, what are you taking? One step up and two steps back.

Rock on, Boss Man!

3 comments:

nightfly said...

1 - a hungry heart
2 - run
4 - jungleland (?)
6 - the old times
8 - sitting around getting older (among other things)
10 - your hometown
13 - the streets of Philadelphia (???)
15 - I'm on fire

Glad I got here first so I could cherry pick the easy ones (and guess a couple of times).

Anonymous said...

Aw man, 'Fly totally beat me to the punch.

And I got none of the ones he didn't get.

nightfly said...

Today was the day I beat people to the punch. Even a blind squirrel lucks into a few acorns.