Monday, April 21, 2008

A New Rollercoaster Ride

Well it's official. My oldest son got married yesterday in Las Vegas.

I don't know how I feel about this yet. There are concerns, certainly, but now I don't want to voice them, for fear they will come to pass. There are questions, still, but now I don't really want the answers to them, as knowing a terrible truth, should one exist, is not going to fix anything, or make anyone feel better.

Now, all I want is for this to go well...for him, for her, for the baby on the way, for all of us.

Now, all I want is a good relationship with this girl who is now my daughter-in-law (henceforth known as DIL #1). Not only because I know that also means keeping the good relationship with Orin, and being allowed a good relationship with the future grandbaby, but also because it would be nice to have a daughter.

Now, I am officially a mother-in-law.

Keep your fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Orin! I hope everything works out for them.

Cullen said...

You may be a mother-in-law, but you're the cool mother-in-law.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all of you. It will all work out. As Bon Jovi says, "Keep the Faith"

nightfly said...

Happy times! Congrats to the elder lad and your family.