Friday, April 4, 2008

The Soundtrack of My Life - Tracks 11 -15

Lest you feared I was going to write long dissertations about each and every song on the 101 list, here are a bunch in a row, with minimal commentary.

Runaway - Del Shannon
This song is just fun to sing, albeit badly, if I am involved. And everyone knows it, so sing along now...
"And I wonder--
I wah-wah-wah-wah-wonder,
Why,
Why, why, why, why, why she ran away,
And I wonder,
A-where she will stay-ay,
My little runaway,
Run, run, run, run, runaway. "

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
My favorite Journey song. I got nothing more than that.
"Working hard to get my fill,
everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice,
just one more time

Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on..."

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
I do love me some Southern Rock, and this some, while completely predictable, is the best there is. "Turn it up..."
"Big wheels keep on turning
Carry me home to see my kin
Singing songs about the Southland
I miss Alabamy once again
And I think its a sin"

Blinded By The Light - Manfred Mann's Earth Band
I know...all "douche" issues aside, I still love this "song with the funky break." Bruce Springsteen making no lyrical sense at all, which is the beauty of it, really.
"Mama always told me not to look into the eyes of the sun
But mama, that's where the fun is"
Goodbye Stranger - Supertramp
The story behind the lyrics...a man who can't commit; a man who is a first class asshole. I know this guy. It actually reminds me of several people I have known, and since I have never been their victim, I have loved them in spite of loathing their behavior. Still...loathe the man, love the song.
"Now I believe in what you say
Is the undisputed truth
But I have to
have things my own way
To keep me in my youth...

Now some they
do and some they don't
And some you just can't tell
And some they will and
some they won't
With some it's just as well"

No comments: