Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Sports Blog

A quick one, anyway, considering there is so much going on right now.

First, the NFL draft. Four...count them 4, USC players taken in the first round. How's that for some R-E-S-P-E-C-T?

Second...while we are on the subject of the draft, my Broncos did alright, I guess. They addressed some weaknesses at O-line and wide receiver, having lost some long term players, and, in my mind at least, some future Hall-of-Famers in these areas. They also attempted to address some defensive weaknesses. Time will tell, as it always does, if these were good choices or not. I just wish they could get a Trojan on their team. Please? Just one? For me? It's been a long time since Dennis Smith retired, and I need me some alums on my team, okay? Please?

Third...my Avalanche are falling apart in round two of the Stanley Cup play-offs. What the hell happened? Theodore looked great in the first round, and he hasn't been able to stop a damn thing in round two. Seriously, Quenneville, do NOT start him tonight. The Red Wings are in his head and Budai is playing well. Just let Theodore rest. On the fat chance we can come back in this series and beat the hated Red Wings (insert derisive snort here), we will need him in the next round. While we're on the subject of the Avs, I have to say something blasphemous. Forsberg...I love him. I have always loved him. BUT is it me, or does he ALWAYS seem to get hurt in the playoffs? What is up with that? I was so happy to get him back, but here we are again, and now...I have my doubts.

Fourth...Lord, the Nuggets suck.

Fifth...From recent headlines "Does Roger Clemens' affair matter?" I am guessing it matters very much to his wife and kids. And it proves that he lies like a dog. But seriously, it's not as if I believed him before, and this changed my mind. This is just more mud to sling. I know one thing...this mistress is every bit as loathsome as Clemens. She carried on a years long affair with a married man, then conveniently goes public with this information right before she attempts her big comeback via some idiotic television show, with no concern whatsoever for the other people who might be hurt by this (I am not talking about Clemens himself...he made his bed, literall and figuratively, but the innocent victims of this affair, his wife and kids). Can you say publicity whore? Of course she denies having leaked this information...which I believe about as much as Clemens' claims that he was off the juice.

Lastly...some motor sports news. Ashely Force and Danica Patrick recently became the first women to win an NHRA Funny Car and Indy Car race respectively. You go girls! THESE are the women who should be making headlines...not some attention-starved, minor-talent tramp.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keary Colbert is a Bronco now and he is a Trojan. So now you got what you wanted!!!! Wouldn't it be nice to have more Trojans????
Love You
MUM