Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Soundtrack of My Life - Track 18

I have not abandoned this project...or this blog for that matter. I am still trying to catch up from tax season, weddings, etc.

So here is another...

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - George Thorogood

This is a great song. First there is the theme...who can't get behind a drinking song? Secondly...this is THE most quotable song I know, and for someone who loves to quote lyrics and movie lines, this song is a boon! The great lyrics coupled with his distinctive delivery of those lyrics just makes this song tremendous fun. My good friend, B, and I have spent more time than I can safely admit, quoting this song at one another, so it reminds me of her, which is my number three reason this is a great song.

Here are a few of my favorite lyrics (which lose something in written form...minus the inflections delivered by Mr. Thorogood):
"that don't confront me Long as I get my money next Friday"

A quote delivered whenever money is borrowed between B and I.
"but I'm tired!"

This one totally gets lost without the inflections...but is delivered whenever one of us is complaining about our workload. In other words...pretty often.
"I don't know man, ahhh she kinda funny, you know. I said 'I
know, everybody funny, now you funny too.' "


Delivered when we are talking about other people being, uhm, odd...which is also pretty often.

"One bourbon, one scotch, one beer

Well I ain't seen my baby since I don't know when

I've been drinking bourbon, whiskey, scotch and gin

Gonna get high man, I'm gonna get loose

Need me a triple shot of that juice

Gonna get drunk don't you have no fear

I want one bourbon, one scotch and one beer

One bourbon, one scotch, one beer. "



One variant of the chorus, delivered whenever we want a drink...which is, uhm, pretty often.

I am not liking where this is going. Okay! Fine! We like to drink and complain and gossip...sometimes all at the same time. Whatever! Just forget I brought it up, okay? Jeez!

I think I need a drink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like finding new country music, I hope you'll check out our new blog and our new single at duewestmusic.blogspot.com. We are giving away our newest single for free for one month! I hope you'll check it out and let us know what you think!

nightfly said...

I love this song. Because I am a great nerd, I have a mental picture of this song being the soudntrack to a day in the life of Spike Spiegel. I can so totally hear him in my mind delivering these lines, then going to the bar to put down a few.